Please check regularly as we will add screenings as soon as they are available:
- May 25, 2013: Premiere screening, Davis, California
- June 14, 2013: University Retirement Community, Davis, California
- June 19, 2013: Sunset Rotary Club, Davis, California
- July 27-28, 2013: Gwinnett Center International Film Festival, Duluth, Georgia (USA)
- July 25-28, 2013: Awareness Film Festival, Santa Monica, CA (USA)
- August 5-13, 2013: Chain NYC Film Festival, New York City (USA)
- September 7, 2013: Movies in the Park (Central Park, Davis; USA; organized by Sunset Rotary Club).
- September 13-15, 2013: Northeast Film Festival, Maplewood Theater, New Jersey (USA)
- October 19, 2013: International House Davis, Davis, California (USA)
- November 4, 2013: International Law Society, University of California, Davis (USA)
- November 14-16, 2013: Underexposed Film Festival, Rock Hill, South Carolina (USA)
- November 22, 2013: Florida International University, Miami, FL (USA)
- December 10, 2013: Silicon Valley Film Festival (Milpitas, CA, USA): Award winner of Best Documentary Short Film
- March 1, 2014: University of Antwerp, Belgium.
Do you like to organize a screening?
Contact Sahaya founder Koen Van Rompay at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss. We can provide you with the movie, templates for posters/ fliers/postcards, and will be glad to share our advice.
But here are already a few tips on things to consider:
Think of possible audiences that may be interested in watching the movie: your colleagues at work, your classmates, your church group; your circle of friends and family.
Make sure the room has enough space for potential audience and has proper equipment (big screen, DVD player, sound system, dark). It can be a classroom, auditorium, church, theater. Or you can also do something more simple, and organize something at your home.
"Sahaya Going Beyond" is approximately 20 minutes in length. You can combine it with other activities: dinner, snacks, music, a speaker, group discussion, or whatever would be appropriate and appealing for your audience.
COMMUNICATION & PUBLIC RELATIONS:
Spread the word about the screening via all possible means to reach your target audience: e-mail, phone calls, newspaper, newsletters, facebook, twitter and so on. Please note that we can provide you with a press-kit with templates for posters, fliers, stills and so on.
We will help to promote your event on our Sahaya website and social media (Facebook, twitter, ...). want to help you promote the event on the MOTHER INDIA website and through social media. We want to help you think through any details prior to the event and celebrate your success afterwards!
MAKING A DIFFERENCE: Encourage attendees to help our journey of making a difference.
Encourage people to join us on our journey of making a difference. Try to raise some funds that can help one of Sahaya's programs.
Depending on the audience and the venue, you can charge for entrance to your event, or you may ask for general donations that you can then forward to Sahaya International. Or you can rally your group to sponsor one or a few children/youth in our orphan sponsorship program.
Remember, every dollar is a drop that makes a difference! The ocean would be less without it.
As Sahaya International is a 501(c)3 organization, donations are tax-deductible.
We thank everyone who made our premiere screening of "Sahaya Going Beyond" on Saturday May 25 2013,
in Davis - with special guest, filmmaker/director Andy Lauer - such a success.
Click on the picture to download a high-resolution version. |